Leaky pipes. The classic plumbing problem in homes and businesses.
How many times have you heard someone talk about the leak in their faucet, pipe, or water heater? If you’re like us, you’ve heard it more than once. And if you’re like pretty much everybody, you never want it to be a problem you have to deal with.
It’s true that water pipe technology has improved over time. Clay pipes were first used in Mesopotamia in 4000 BC, and historians have seen evidence of other types of plumbing in other world civilizations throughout time. In our day, the preferred types of piping have been copper and PVC. Then, improving on PVC pipes, chlorinated PVC (CPVC) were made to be more flexible and able to withstand higher temperatures. While we’ve come a long way in plumbing technology since ancient times, many people still experience problems with leaks, corrosion, and toxic chemicals in their pipes and water. That’s why many home and business owners are switching to AquaPex water lines.
What are Uponor/Wirsbo AquaPex pipes and why should I have them installed?
Wirsbo AquaPex tubing is a durable plastic alternative to traditional copper and CPVC, and there are many reasons to use it in your home. Some of the benefits include:
- Flexible Material: AquaPex tubing uses a plastic material called crosslinked polyethylene. It’s flexible and overall much better for distributing water than traditional metal pipes.
- Durable: AquaPex has been tested for over 40 years and is shown to be extremely durable. These water lines won’t wear as much over time as traditional metal pipes will. Additionally, crosslinked polyethylene pipes won’t corrode as easily as copper pipes and are more freeze resistant, as well.
- Clean: This type of tubing is non-toxic and better overall for the environment as it uses no harmful chemicals, such as lead, in its production. If you’re trying to do your part to reduce your carbon footprint, this is the type of piping for you.
- Less Risk of Leaks: Crosslinked polyethylene is quite a strong and sturdy material, meaning you won’t have to worry about leaky water lines as much. In addition, because of the material’s high flexibility, less connections are required, which means there is less potential for leakage.
- Safe: AquaPex water lines have been tested and held to the highest standards in the industry. This means you’ll never have to worry about your pipes leaching harmful materials into your drinking water!
- Cost-Efficient: Wirsbo AquaPex piping will save you money initially and over time. Because these water lines are insulated enough on their own, you don’t need to pay for any extra piping insulation. The durability and longevity of the pipes will also save you money over time as you won’t have to pay for repairs and replacements as often.
- Quick Installation: AquaPex water lines are easy to install. Industry experts have found that the minimal use of slabs, cuts, and connectors reduces installation time by up to 50%. This minimizes the time and money spent on your installation and allows you to focus on other aspects of your project.
- Quieter: Wirsbo AquaPex pipes are quieter than copper and PVC pipes.
Told Plumbing only uses the best products and materials in the industry. Contact us today for all of your plumbing needs.
The post 8 Reasons to Switch to AquaPex Water Lines appeared first on Told Plumbing.